Swimming Naked, Biscuits and Sex On A Plane

August 18, 2008

I don’t often participate in meme’s, but I loved reading these ones so much that I felt like I had to give something back: Who Is The Panther Anyway? Sucked Into The Lion’s Lair and Kelly Comes Clean With A Weekend Meme.

This is a little bit about me – Cath Lawson

I am: Honest, outspoken, loyal, creative and passionate. And bad tempered when I have PMT.

I think: About things in depth. And that if I age too quickly, I can always photoshop myself.

I know: Far less than I would like to know. And that I will never grow old gracefully.

I have: A burning desire to emigrate. And too many handbags.

I wish: I’d spent less time working when my children were younger. And that Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups were healthy.

I hate: Lies, gossip, disloyalty, chauvinism, racism, cruelty, exploitation, abuse of power, and jealousy. And also supermarkets and mosquitoes.

I miss: My grandparents. Summer – the UK doesn’t get it anymore. And Sex and the City.

I fear: Wasting too much of my life. And that I’ll never find the biscuits.

I hear:
Nothing when I’m concentrating deeply, or submerging my head under the bathwater to blow bubbles.

I smell: The sea and pina colada. Also coffee (hopefully someone will take the hint and make it).

I crave: Understanding, knowledge and something good to eat (I skipped breakfast and lunch).

I search: For ideas, meaning and simplicity. And for where the biscuits are hidden.

I wonder: Why there is so much evil in the world. And if the real evil is ignoring the atrocities that go on around us. Also, whether I’ll need to resort to botox in the next couple of years.

I regret: Not following my passions and instincts earlier in life. And not hiding the biscuits myself.

I love: My children (even though they eat all the biscuits), the amazing people around me who inspire me, travel and swimming naked.

I ache: For a world without cruelty. And when I’ve done the Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD.

I am not:
A liar, or a gossip. Or organised and tidy.

I believe: Most people have the potential to improve the world, through small random acts of kindness. And that Oprah should be President of the United States.

I dance: Round the room on a whim – my kids think I’m nuts.

I sing: Disney songs when I’m happy. And when I’m on rollercoasters.

I cry:
Constantly when I’m hugely upset, little when I’m not and easily, when I read or see something moving.

I fight: For justice and truth. And also to try and get a biscuit before they’ve all gone.

I win: When I really want something. But rarely, when it comes to finding the biscuits.

I lose: Patience with gossips and backstabbers. And at golf because I suck.

I never: Forget how lucky I am. Or joined the Mile High Club – yet.

I always: Try to find the good in people. And worry too much over things that may never happen.

I confuse: Myself often. And also the words soul and sole.

I can: Do anything I put my mind to. And still wrap my leg round my neck.

I am scared: Of becoming isolated, spiders, snakes and men with beards.

I need: To communicate with people. To follow my dreams. Cuddles.

I am happy: With people I love. In the sunshine. In the bath. And when I find the biscuits.

I imagine: That anything is possible. And what it would be like to be a mermaid for the day.

I tag: Anyone who would like to join in and share a bit about yourself – on your own blog, or in the comments section.

Comments

39 Responses to “Swimming Naked, Biscuits and Sex On A Plane”

1. ElaineB on August 18th, 2008 11:30 am

Love this post! It`s almost like I wrote it. Just yesterday I was signing “You have a friend in me”. I only feel the need to fight for justice and truth, and to defend my family-We are a little like the mafia. Alone we are harmless put us in the same room and the offender is bound to be rolled up in a carpet and put outside for rubbish disposal. We are not dumping them in the river, it`s too far!! J/K!! Nice post!!!

ElaineB’s last blog post..House of Luxe #2 on 2008 Blogs-To-Show AND Share List

2. Robin on August 18th, 2008 11:36 am

Hi Cath

You can wrap your leg around your neck? Had to laugh at the fear of men with beards – I am a bit the same (tho’ one of our best friends has a beard – he’s young, he’ll grow out of it)

Robin’s last blog post..Reincarnation… A Scenario

3. Kelly@SHE-POWER on August 18th, 2008 11:46 am

You had me laughing my head off with your fear of beards and your biscuit obsession. I know a few people with a thing about men and beards.

And I’m glad I’m not the only one fixated on food, though chocolate cake is my downfall. I am also super impressed you can wrap your leg around your neck – but now I can’t help wondering whether your husband sees advantages from this flexibility.

I can completely relate to:

I fear: Wasting too much of my life. And that I’ll never find the biscuits.
    I listen: With patience to people’s stories. And also for signs that someone’s about to put the kettle on. (my hubby is totally my coffee/tea slave!)
    I crave: Understanding, knowledge and something good to eat

And I REALLY could have written these:
    I am not: A liar, or a gossip. Or organised and tidy.

So glad you did the meme, and thanks fro the link :)

Kel

Kelly@SHE-POWER’s last blog post..The Smiling Dog in the Mirror

4. cathlawson on August 18th, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Elaine – LOL – I’m pleased you don’t go as far as dumping them in the river.

Hi Robin – The leg wrapping thing is just one of those bad habits I’ve never grown out of.

Hi Kelly – Beards are so gross and unhygienic. They’re a bit like wearing a mask – I always feel like the other person is trying to hide something. And I’d rather drink my own urine than kiss someone who has one.

I love chocolate cake too – but we hardly ever have it in the house, or my ass would be bigger than J-Lo’s.

re: My husband. Sometimes I think he believes I’m made of plasticine. But I don’t mind so long as he keeps putting the kettle on.

5. Akemi - Yes to Me on August 18th, 2008 4:51 pm

Oh, Cath, I never laughed this much for a long time. . . thank you.

Re PMT (PMS in US): I was once watching a TV program about it. When it came to the commercial time, I turned to my then-husband and said “Wow, I feel so lucky I don’t have any of those horrible pains and mood changes!” He stared at me for a good five seconds, his face turned with horror, and said “You have the worst PMS I’ve seen . . .”

Akemi – Yes to Me’s last blog post..Are Customers Stupid?

6. Annie Anderson on August 18th, 2008 7:16 pm

Cath -

This had me laughing too. Especially the biscuits obsession. LOL

I could just about have written many of your responses but the one for me that hits the nail on the head is the I cry part.

I might post something later on my blog . . . we’ll see if there’s enough time in the day for that. ;-)

~ Annie

Annie Anderson’s last blog post..Sunday evening ramble . . .

7. cathlawson on August 18th, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi Akemi – I’m glad I made you laugh. It’s weird how we often don’t recognise we have a problem until someone points it out. I am dreading menopause. I know folk who’ve seemed like they’re having constant PMT for years when they’re going through that.

Hi Annie – I almost didn’t see you. The biscuit thing is a real challenge. I’m looking forward to reading your post.

8. Vered on August 18th, 2008 8:26 pm

It is VERY nice ti get to know you better!

I think I already sensed many of these things about you. In particular, “I am: Honest, outspoken, loyal, creative and passionate.”

But I would never have guessed that you own lots of handbags!

:-)

Vered’s last blog post..Top 10 Fashion Mistakes To Avoid At All Costs

9. cathlawson on August 18th, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks Vered – I love handbags. I have some really nice ones. But I made myself stop getting anymore a couple of years ago. I’m not a great lover of trudging round the shops but Netaporter is an amazing website. I’ve banned myself from it.

10. Barbara Swafford on August 18th, 2008 10:29 pm

I think we need all need to get together and get you some biscuits.

You made me laugh – mile high club – not yet! Maybe that”ll happen when you emigrate.

Handbags? Me, too. But like you, I’ve had to stop that obsession. I have TOO many. Did I just say that? :lol:

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..A.S.K. – Liz Strauss – How To Format A Blog Post To Maximize Comments

11. cathlawson on August 18th, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Barbara – i just got some – Oreos (my favourite). Stuart hid them before the kids swiped them all.

I would hate to be arrested on my way to another country. That is what scares me about doing it most. I have a blogpost coming up about it.

I am glad I am not the only handbag obsessive. I’m dreading parting with them when I move. Maybe I could mail them all to you and get them back when we meet up.

12. Davina on August 19th, 2008 3:17 am

So funny! Have you checked the handbags for the biscuits?

Davina’s last blog post..I Dreamt I Died

13. Monika Mundell on August 19th, 2008 3:21 am

It’s great to see you posted this meme too. I already feel I know you even better now. I can relate to many of the things you wrote and although I’m not as obsessed about biscuits, I do like them.

I can also relate to this:

I’m impressed to hear you are so “rubbery” and able to stick your legs around your neck.

Monika Mundell’s last blog post..Sucked Into The Lion’s Lair

14. Monika Mundell on August 19th, 2008 3:26 am

By the way, thank you for the link too, I only just saw this now.
    I noticed you didn’t elaborate. LOL.

Monika Mundell’s last blog post..Sucked Into The Lion’s Lair

15. cathlawson on August 19th, 2008 5:37 am

Hi Davina – That’s a really good idea actually – I never thought of looking there.

Hi Monika – Scarcity creates obsession though. No wonder things like Nintendo Wii sell so well.

So, you’re another one who suffers from PMT too. Wouldn’t it be great if we could take that one week off every month?

Re – the link. You’re welcome. I thought it would create more anticipation if I stuck to the titles.

16. cathlawson on August 20th, 2008 7:54 am

Hi Rita – How come you can’t be tagged?

I must admit – I’ve never been brilliant at disclosure so these memes definitely help.

You’re right the leg thing probably would be an advantage in those tiny plane loos. One day I might do it.

17. Urban Panther on August 20th, 2008 9:58 pm

I love swimming naked. I love my homemade chocolate chip cookies (biscuits) and am quite competive about them regarding other cookie feeders. And thank goodness!! A fellow Disney song singer. My girls and I sing Disney songs all the time (totally horrifies my song). Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities….*giggle*

As for the Mile High Club, never done it myself, and several friends of mine have put the fear of the law into me. Apparently it is illegal and they actually know people who have been charged!!! Even for touching under the blankets!!! Sigh, all the fun is being sucked out of life.

Urban Panther’s last blog post..The cost of relationships

18. cathlawson on August 20th, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi Urban Panther – I’m glad there’s another cookie lover and Disney singer here.

I have also seen people charged for doing things under the blanket in business class. And they wound up on the front of the newspaper here. I think one of them was married and they’d never even met before, so it must have been really embarrassing.

Stuart thinks it would be good publicity for my blog – but I worry that my kids would get teased at school.

19. cathlawson on August 20th, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi Rita – i’m glad you’ve got your internet fixed – was just emailing you.

It’s funny you should say that because I’ve a feeling it was British Airways where those people got arrested.

Damn – I flew back with Virgin – I’d probably have got away with it – they’re a lot more fun than BA.

20. Urban Panther on August 20th, 2008 11:55 pm

@Rita – nope, I think it’s more widespread than that. The person I know of was flying Air Canada.

Urban Panther’s last blog post..The cost of relationships

21. Urban Panther on August 20th, 2008 11:56 pm

@Cath – LOL wouldn’t that be ironic getting arrested for sexual activity on Virgin Airlines?

Urban Panther’s last blog post..The cost of relationships

22. cathlawson on August 21st, 2008 12:57 am

@ Urban Panther – I’ll have to bear that in mind if I emigrate to Canada.

Re – Virgin Airlines – Can you imagine what the headline might say? Stuart is thinking of writing to Richard Branson and ask him the best way to avoid getting caught.

23. Monika Mundell on August 21st, 2008 2:49 am

@ Cath: You know what, Branson will probably help you guys do it. he is certainly quirky and fun enough to see this as a huge mid air coup. :-) I could relate to trains, but lets leave this…….:-)

Monika Mundell’s last blog post..Blog Communications

24. cathlawson on August 21st, 2008 3:02 am

Hi Monika – You’ve got me thinking now – this might not be a bad idea.

How did u manage the train thing? I almost fall off the loo every time I go on one – never mind anything else.

25. cathlawson on August 21st, 2008 4:08 am

Hi Rita – Am looking forward to Bruce on Sunday too.

26. Monika Mundell on August 21st, 2008 4:53 am

@ Cath: Well, I was a lot younger and more nimble I guess back then, but despite age, it is a great way to have uhm, you know what. ;-) The rocking of the train certainly helps if you know what i mean, plus, we did have a private cabin too, so its not exactly daring like the mile high club, hehehehe….I wonder if they give out club membership for trains too.

@ Rita: Bruce the goose is what we call a local guy here. If for nothing else than the silly sound. I look forward to Bruce too. Have to check him out in a tick.

Monika Mundell’s last blog post..Blog Communications

27. Stuart Lawson on August 21st, 2008 5:01 am

Well i seem to remember only 2 weeks ago on our way to mexico on the plane our conversation, I came up with a plan, but what was your reply, Thats right it was the toilet is too small.

Now if i had remembered that you could wrap your legs around your neck then we would not have had a problem would we?

As for the biscuits i keep on forgetting you like them too, You also like your coffee too, but who makes it.

I guess we will have to have another holiday sooner rather than later.

By the way i was thinking of asking Richard if he would allow it, not how to get away with it, He could even make a programme on it a bit like big brother.

Any suggestions for a name of the programme would be most welcome.

28. Monika Mundell on August 21st, 2008 5:56 am

@ Stuart: Hehehehe….payback time is it. Poor Stu didn’t get what he wanted, muawahahaha…. how about “Big Brother Mile High”?

:-) ;-) :)

Monika Mundell’s last blog post..Blog Communications

29. cathlawson on August 21st, 2008 8:12 am

@ Monika – I can see how the vibration of the train might make it interesting. You should write to the train line and ask if you can have a card.

@ Stuart – Trust you to think of the leg thing. It wasn’t just the loo size – it was the thought of being arrested. As you know I accidentally set myself on fire on a plane before – so I don’t want to push my luck.

You should write to Richard – so long as they didn’t make it too much like Big Brother – that would be a bit creepy. Monika’s suggestion for a title is brilliant.

30. Theresa on August 24th, 2008 8:54 pm

Cath – I found your blog to be one of the most honest and yet funniest things I’ve read in a long time. You seriously need to think about publishing it. So many of your answers mimic other woman’s feelings and opinions so they can relate in a humorous way. I personally couldn’t wait to get to the next line. Thanks for the great reading.
    Theresa

31. cathlawson on August 25th, 2008 12:10 am

Thanks Theresa – I’m glad you enjoyed it so much. It’s lovely to receive such encouraging feedback and I love writing that kind of thing.

I hope you’ll drop by again soon.

32. 6 Favourite Places To Have Fun Online on September 6th, 2008 4:02 am

[...] Memes Swimming Naked, Biscuits and Sex On A Plane 8 Random Things About Me – I’m Into Plastic In Bed Rita You’ll Make A Lot Of People [...]

33. Who Is Akemi? Do I Know Myself? | Yes to Me on September 14th, 2008 7:57 pm

[...] when my fellow blogger, the bold business advisor Cath Lawson, called me “bold” in the comments of this post, I had no reason to be surprised. [...]

34. It’s All About Me: An Internet Meme | Someday Syndrome on September 19th, 2008 9:10 am

[...] A whole bunch of people did this verb meme a while back including the Urban Panther, the Urbane Lion, Monika and Cath. [...]

35. Blog Marketing & Amazing People on September 21st, 2008 3:03 am

[...] I’ve been quite lazy about SEO as part of my blog marketing strategy in the past. Often, I preferred to use titles that stood out, to attract folk who are browsing their feed reader, or social networkers. Trouble is, those weird and wonderful titles can bring some totally irrelevant traffic to your blog. This months, I’ve received far too many visitors who’ve typed sex on a plane, into their browser, following this meme I participated in: Swimming Naked, Biscuits and Sex On A Plane. [...]

36. Info Explosion on October 10th, 2008 6:17 pm

[...] Reading Are You Falling Into The TFT? Swimming Naked, Biscuits And Sex On A Plane Sometimes You Need To Hit Rock [...]

37. Levi Ray on June 8th, 2009 4:27 am

Oh my gosh another Disney song singer. Thought I was one of the only ones. Except my problem is I sing them while shopping. Was caught earlier this week singing bibbidi-bobbidi-boo in the grocery store and didn’t even realize it until a clerk asked what I was singing.

Levi Ray’s last blog post..Volcom Board Shorts Hamachi Men’s

38. Fran on February 10th, 2010 11:17 pm

I am glad: that I found your blog today. It has given me a giggle at the beginning of the day and put a new perspective on the biscuit!

39. I’m Back But I Forgot An Important Lesson : Catherine Lawson on May 15th, 2010 2:43 am

[...] Swimming Naked, Biscuits and Sex On A Plane Shit: The Best Tool For Success 12 Business & Life Lessons From 2008 How Can Death Help Your Business? [...]