Could Guided Meditations Change Your World?

January 20, 2009

A few months ago, I stumbled upon guided meditations and they’ve changed my world.

Guided meditations usually come in the form of downloadable audio guides or cd’s and an expert in guided meditations leads you on your journey.

How Can Guided Meditations Help You?

Some guided meditations can help you quit bad habits such as smoking, drinking or over-eating. And others can improve your health, motivation, concentration, or confidence.

Why Use Guided Meditations Instead of Learning to Meditate Alone?

Meditation takes a long time to master. I used to meditate alone every day but work pressures became too much and I found I just didn’t have time. Guided meditations offer a shortcut to those of us who don’t have several hours a day to master the art of meditating.

How Do You Get Started With Guided Meditations?

I’ve enjoyed a few guided meditations and this one is my favourite:

Davina Haisell’s Future Self Guided Meditation: I love this guided meditation. And professional life coach, Davina Haisell is giving away a download of her future self guided meditation, when you sign up for a free 30 minute trial life coaching session.

Some More Guided Meditations I’ve Enjoyed

Journey Into Meditation: Guided Meditations for Healing, Insight & Manifestation
The Soul Of Healing Meditations – Deepak Chopra
Meditation For Success: In Body & Mind Rejuvenation, Relationships, Career and Sports
Life is Mental: Think Thin to Live Thin Guided Visualization
Daydreaming by the Sea: Guided Relaxation Techniques for Stress Relief and Restful Sleep

Have you tried guided meditations before? How have they improved your life?

Comments

18 Responses to “Could Guided Meditations Change Your World?”

1. Ruth on January 20th, 2009 2:42 pm

I’ve listened to a few guided meditation CDs. So far, I haven’t found one that I feel I really connect with. I suppose that’s normal in finding a spiritual guide (which is sort-of what meditation guides are being, at least on the CD). I’m still open to finding one that works. :)

Ruth’s last blog post..Do You Really Want to Do Nothing?

2. Jannie Funster on January 20th, 2009 6:31 pm

Guided is most likely the only way for me to meditate because when I tried it on my own I almost lost my lunch – seriously, I went too far down in my chakras or something, felt sick for days.

Now, to get over to Davina’s!

Jannie Funster’s last blog post..Like a bord on a wire, 3

3. Davina on January 20th, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Cath. Nice to “see” you.

I know what you mean about life getting in the way of meditation. I remember times when I’ve taken a 1/2-hr break away from the computer to watch a favourite sit-com, when perhaps I could have spent that 30 minutes meditating. I might have been better off. I guess the trick is to choose it as a part of your lifestyle rather than make it an add-on.

I’m curious about the Silva System too. And thanks for the link to my offer. For those familiar with my new blog, I also have information about this on the life coaching page at http://www.shadesofcrimsondotcom/life-coaching

Davina’s last blog post..Self Help Me

4. Davina on January 20th, 2009 7:28 pm

Sorry Cath, that link in my comment wasn’t supposed to be a real link that screams “read me” to your readers. I thought I put brackets around [dot].

Davina’s last blog post..Self Help Me

5. Marelisa on January 20th, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi Cath: Thank you for highlighting my squidoo lens. I hope you find meditating with the Silva System as rewarding as I have. Seriously, I credit Silva with the fact that I passed the New York Bar exam on my first try :-)

Marelisa’s last blog post..Blog Business Plan – Monetization

6. Vered - MomGrind on January 20th, 2009 10:05 pm

I don’t meditate… but I read somewhere there are other ways to achieve similar relaxation – such as taking a walk outside or listening to music. As long as you don’t attempt multitasking, of course. :)

Vered – MomGrind’s last blog post..Breaking: Cosmo Magazine To Change Its Name

7. cathlawson on January 20th, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi Jannie – That sounds a bit scary. You really should try the guided ones. I tried a few before I got ill over christmas and they’re awesome.

Hi Davina – sorry – you Mare and Vered went into approval. Maybe it’s something to do with the new security things John has put in place. The link thing is my fault. I began to write this post before Christmas and I couldn’t find a link on your site then.

Hi Mare – You are welcome. I hoped to test it earlier but I often meditate lying down and I couldn’t because of the infection.

It’s awesome that it helped you pass the New York Bar. It has some incredible testimonials and it seems that it’s been around for a good while, but I had not heard of it until I read about it on your blog and your lens.

Hi Vered – That’s interesting. I can understand walking having the same benefit. When you just walk and switch off all your thoughts – time seems to disappear and you feel so much better afterwards.

8. Barbara Swafford on January 22nd, 2009 4:40 am

Hi Catherine – I don’t meditate, but have been hearing more and more about the benefits of meditating. I do remember trying it years ago and I fell asleep. Guess I should have been sitting up instead of laying down. :)

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..Not So New Blogs – From Spain to Singapore

9. Davina on January 22nd, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Cath. No worries about that link thingie. You wouldn’t have found a link on the new blog before Christmas… I don’t think I even had that part written yet. I’m quite happy for your recommendation. Cheers.

Davina’s last blog post..How Curious Moments Add Value

10. cathlawson on January 22nd, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi Barbara – I often used to fall asleep meditating alone but I usually feel wide awake after the guided ones. I worry that if I do it sitting up, I’ll fall over.

Hi Davina – I will have to take a look. Sounds like you’ve been adding a few things.

11. Raja Yoga Exercise - The Archer Position on January 22nd, 2009 4:48 pm

[...] Could Guided Meditation Change Your World? | Catherine Lawson [...]

12. wilhb81 on January 23rd, 2009 5:10 am

Glad you enjoyed the guided meditation, Cath. I’ve been meditated since 5 years ago and it has efficiently reduced my stress…

wilhb81′s last blog post..The Useful Business Tips 14: The 5 Great Tips to Find Employee Training

13. Evelyn Lim on January 23rd, 2009 8:28 am

I use a mixture of both guided and unguided meditation but have a preference for unguided sessions. Guided meditations are fun every once in a while but on a regular basis, I find that I get better results without any background sound.

I’m a Silva graduate as well and have found the techniques very useful for practical use and living. It’s amazing that what seems to be trendy (like the Law of Attraction) now has actually been practiced for so many years already.

14. Learn How To Meditate With Dvd, Meditation Music Cd’s on January 29th, 2009 1:19 pm

[...] Could Guided Meditation Change Your World? I’ve tried out a few different guided meditation CD’s and I’ve had some great results. My favourite so far is a free trial guided meditation from the Silva Life System. [...]

15. Robin on January 31st, 2009 9:10 am

Hi Cath – I used to do unguided meditation fairly regularly, and have only done guided ones if they were part of some workshop I was doing.

I don’t do either now – however I regularly end up in meditative states, I think – some might call it “dreaming”. I have had to concentrate on it a lot recently because I am trying to use energy techniques to shift some strong pain I have been having for the past couple of weeks (it appears to be improving).

Robin’s last blog post..Guy Finley Followed By An Illustrated Meme.

16. Jannie Funster on January 31st, 2009 11:45 pm

You must be doing a lot of meditation to have not posted in almost 2 weeks? :)

Hope you are well, whatever you are doing, Cath. Peace.

Jannie Funster’s last blog post..3 & 1/2 days

17. Are We Stupid? Silva Life System Review Day 1 | Catherine Lawson on March 9th, 2009 11:48 am

[...] Could Guided Meditation Change Your World? 12 Life And Business Lessons From 2008 27 Ways To Fuel Your Imagination & Come Up With Great Ideas Heroes of Healing: Napoleon Hill [...]

18. Meditating On » Could Guided Meditation Change Your World? on March 9th, 2009 9:09 pm

[...] ashelycreese7 posted a noteworthy aricle today onHere’s a small snippetA few months ago, I stumbled upon bguided meditation/b and it’s done a whole heap to help me so far. Guided bmeditation/b is a form of bmeditation/b, where you’re led on a particular journey, by a professional bguided meditation/b expert, or a CD, b…/b [...]