Viral Books And Other Things I Like

September 6, 2008

There’s been a lot of talk about viral marketing lately. Many of us would love to work out a way to send heaps of traffic to our website, or blog, using a viral method. Trouble is, folk who’ve had success with viral marketing seem to be in a small minority. So where does that leave people like you and me?

To be honest, I’d always thought of viral marketing as something interesting to discuss, but virtually impossible to do. Then I read about an amazing viral ebook, on Liz Strauss’s Successful Blog. Now, if anyone else had recommended this viral book, I might have been skeptical. But I know Liz is smart and trustworthy, so I thought I’d check the book out.

And I have to say, I was blown away. The guy who wrote the book is a marketing genius. One reviewer described the book as “The greatest viral marketing idea of all time” and I’m inclined to agree.

What amazed me, was that the author allowed me to download the book for free, no strings, he didn’t even take my email address. And I was even more surprised when he showed me how I could actually make money, using his book.

I opted to buy some of the extras, to enable me to start my own viral campaign. But you don’t have to do that - the book is free. If you want to discover how to use viral marketing to drive swarms of traffic to your blog, or website, click here to download your free copy now.

I’ve added a “Things I Like” section to this site. It’s mostly about fun things to do and things that help me learn and I’ll update it roughly once a week. But I’m not selling stuff on there, so I won’t take paid reviews are bribes. The section will only cover things I consider to be brilliant and the things I’ve added already are: Travel To Mexico, Segway Human Transporter, Walt Disney World and The Secret To Writing A Successful and Outstanding Blog.

If you added a “Things I Like” section to your blog, what sort of things would you add?

Related Posts

47 Brilliant Blog Marketing Resources
Why Viral Marketing May Not Work For You
Internet Marketing - Are You Forgetting Something?

Comments

11 Responses to “Viral Books And Other Things I Like”

1. John Hoff - eVentureBiz on September 6th, 2008 11:28 pm

For me it would be traveling. I absolutely love to travel and see and experience new places.

2. Robin on September 7th, 2008 12:30 am

Hi Cath - thanks for the tip!

I downloaded the eBook but the zip file wouldn’t open (I downloaded it twice) - and their page about problems was not very nice (arrogant, and saying to download unzipping software when my operating system unzips zip files all the time) - so I guess I’ll go without.

Things I like?… um… food (and eating and music places)

See you!

Robin’s last blog post..Think And It Shall Be So

3. cathlawson on September 7th, 2008 12:57 am

Hi John - travelling is fun isn’t it. That’s why I added a section to this site. Business is fun but I decided a few months ago to focus on business and lifestyle. Just need to get round to getting the tagline changed.

Hi Robin - that is bad. I’m sorry. I had that I happen to me once when I was downloading something, even though I can usually download software no problem. And I wound up having to pay extra to download special software. I could email it to you but it sounds like you’d have the same problem.

4. Amy Derby on September 7th, 2008 4:11 am

Cath — Thanks for the link to this ebook. I just downloaded it; too tired to read any more tonight, but I’ll have a look tomorrow. :-) If I were to add a “things I like” section I’m fairly certain I would spook some of my readers into a coma (more than I already do). LOL I put together a post on slam poetry (which many writers hate) for tomorrow, so I’ll test the waters of hatred with that. ;-) Hope you’re having a great weekend. :-)
    Amy Derby’s last blog post..Confessions of a (Not-So-)Closet(ed) Freak

5. Barbara Swafford on September 7th, 2008 8:41 am

That sounds like a great ebook.

That’s a great idea to add things you like. I’ve added a section of books I recommend, but so far have only read one all the way through. I have Liz’s about half way done, and I already know I’ll be adding that one too.

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..Open Mic - The Need For Speed

6. cathlawson on September 7th, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi Barbara - thanks. It’s good.. It’s not a long read either but it really does show you how to do your own viral campaign.

I’m glad you’re enjoying Liz’s book. It’s excellent.

7. John Hoff - eVentureBiz on September 7th, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi Cath - I just downloaded the ultimate-supertip eBook and I’ll take a look later today or tomorrow.

Thanks.

8. cathlawson on September 7th, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi John - It’s great stuff - v cleverly done. I got the extras so I can have a go at doing something similar myself. There’s a whole lot of reading here though. Have fun.

9. Alex Fayle on September 8th, 2008 10:27 am

Thanks for giving me something ELSE to read, Cath. ;)
    Alex Fayle’s last blog post..Trapped in the Day-to-Day: Urban Panther Interview Part 1

10. cathlawson on September 8th, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Alex - I know - there’s so much out there to read and so little time. But it is a great book.

11. Free Gift Ideas That Help You Sell More | Catherine Lawson on November 5th, 2008 10:41 am

[...] Reading 47 Brilliant Blog Marketing Resources Viral Books And Other Things I Like Why Viral Marketing May Not Work For You Customer Service - Don’t Let One Employee Lose You [...]