Competition: Show Your Ass On My Blog

November 3, 2008

A few weeks ago, I committed one of the biggest blogging sins. I put a picture of someone’s ass on my blog. I don’t know if you noticed but at the foot of my blog, I like to showcase three popular posts, with pics.

Now, I know you wouldn’t normally find a picture of someone’s ass on a business blog but this is not a conventional business blog. And my readers don’t want to run boring, cookie cutter type businesses.

Anyway, one of my most popular posts in recent weeks has been Seven Tips for Covering Your Ass in Business. And I did find a pic of an ass on Flickr to use with the post. But it wasn’t a very good ass. In fact if mine looked like that, I’d spend 8 hours a day on a Stairmaster. And it was putting me off my breakfast. Also, if was pretty obvious the pic was taken anonymously and I dreaded the day some woman emailed me and said “Hey bitch, you’ve got my ass on your website.”

So I’ve replaced the bad ass temporarily, with a pole dancer’s ass. Trouble is, once you’ve seen one pole dancers ass, you’ve seen them all. So, this is where you come in.

Email me a pic of your ass by Sunday 9th November and you could win a month of free advertising. I’ll feature your ass on the front page of my blog. Plus, I’ll also link the picture to your blog or website.

What I’m Looking For

Ok, I was going to say I want a tasteful pic. But I’m not sure if there is a tasteful pic of someone’s ass. If the pic was humorous, or unusual, I’d be more likely to choose it. And if your ass is grotesque, with heaps of cellulite, you might want to take a pic of a friend’s ass and send that in instead (it might be best to do this anonymously).

The Rules

Email me a pic of your ass (or a friend’s ass, if preferred) to cath at cathlawson dot com by Sunday 9th November.

I will choose the ass that seems the best fit for my blog.

Photoshopped pics are acceptable.

All asses entered must belong to someone who is 18 or over.

The winner has until the end of December 2008 to begin running their 125 x 125 ad on this blog.

You will need to provide your own ad (I suck at ad design). Or I can point you in the direction of decent ad designers, or free resources you can use to design your own ad.

So, what do you think? Are you up for it? Think about it - you’ll get a free ad, plus a whole heap of publicity, as I’ll definitely be issuing a press release when I’ve chosen the winner. So your ass and website domain name may even wind up in local or national newspapers too.

Comments

27 Responses to “Competition: Show Your Ass On My Blog”

1. Graham Strong on November 3rd, 2008 3:35 pm

Wow, now there’s a competition!

Not sure how many people want to see my ass anymore (er, if ever…) But I’ve heard it still looks decent in a nice pair of jeans…

So I’ve got that going for me at least.

~Graham

Graham Strong’s last blog post..How to Backup Your Blog Automatically

2. cathlawson on November 3rd, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Graham - well send it in then. Nobody said it had to be nude.

3. Jannie on November 3rd, 2008 4:50 pm

I remember that ass in question!! It was the one of the gal in the parking lot, a tripych, right? Hip huggers falling down, at least she was sporting undies.

Well, since you assed, I’ll give it a whirl.

Altho my ass does look its best while in motion, I’ll see what I can do in a still photo.

Jannie

Jannie’s last blog post..Globally Recognized Ass-Kicking

4. Betsy Wuebker on November 3rd, 2008 5:03 pm

Done x2 (mine and Pete’s)!

Betsy Wuebker’s last blog post..COMPASS

5. Sterling Okura on November 3rd, 2008 5:16 pm

Cath, I thought that photo of sagging pants revealing some butt was a perfect image for CYA blog.

This has got to be one of the funniest blog contests I’ve ever seen. You rock Cath.

Sterling Okura’s last blog post..The #1 Problem With Small Business Websites

6. Ari Koinuma on November 3rd, 2008 6:35 pm

Eh, that’s quite a competition, Cath. Kudos to you for out-of-box thinking, for sure.

As for me, hmmmm, I’m not unwilling, but the question is — will it destroy the personal branding I’m trying to build as a classy blogger?

;-)

ari

Ari Koinuma’s last blog post..Why Passion Can Feel Like a Burden

7. Jamie Harrop on November 3rd, 2008 7:04 pm

Cath, I’m sat here laughing uncontrollably.

This is one of the funniest, and best blog posts I’ve seen in a while. The way you wrote that whole post seemed so serious. (I know you really do want photos of our rear’s, but writing about it in such a serious fashion with the occasional sarcastic sentence was hilarious).

Maybe I’ll send a photo of my ass. Or not.

Maybe I’ll just send a photo of the neighbour dog’s ass. Humm. Shame he isn’t 18 years old… ;-)

Jamie

Jamie Harrop’s last blog post..A Customer is for Life: Not Just for Christmas

8. Jamie Harrop on November 3rd, 2008 7:05 pm

Oh, and I just wrote this on Twitter…

“rofl. Cath Lawson wants your ass! Or at least a photo of it (is that any better than actually “wanting it”?). http://tinyurl.com/6pr5vv

Excellent post, Cath. I can’t wait to see the results. Errrm… actually… no I can’t!

Jamie Harrop’s last blog post..A Customer is for Life: Not Just for Christmas

9. Lance on November 3rd, 2008 8:50 pm

OK, I have to agree - this is quite a hilarious competition! I don’t know, is it an honor to win???

Lance’s last blog post..Guest Post: What’s Your Best Effort?

10. cathlawson on November 3rd, 2008 9:32 pm

LOL Jannie - that was the ass in question. Good luck with the competition.

Hi Betsy - a double ass shot is a unique idea.

Hi Sterling - Thanks. do you mean CYA - clean up your act, or clean up your ass? Are you entering then?

Thanks Ari - if you wore Calvin Klein’s or something, you could still keep it classy.

Thanks Jamie - I’ve got to say, it’s a whole heap easier to write it out seriously than it is to read it out loud.

And thank you for the Tweet - you can be my chief ass grabber.

Hi Lance - I don’t know about an honor. But you’ll definitely get a lot of exposure.

11. Barbara Swafford on November 3rd, 2008 9:46 pm

Oh Catherine, this is what I love about you. You always come up with the greatest ideas and stories. Anyone who is not a follower of you blog will certainly become one now. Let’s face it, this is an original idea.

I’m still laughing as I type this. While I don’t mind being transparent, I’ll pass on being “exposed”.

BTW: Do we get to see all of the entrants? I don’t think you should have ALL the fun. Heehee! :)

Stumbled!!!

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..A.S.K. Darren Rowse - Problogger - How To Become A Six Figure Blogger

12. Vered - MomGrind on November 3rd, 2008 10:58 pm

Well, all I can say is that when my husband saw the (fully clothed!) photo of myself that I chose for today’s post on MomGrind, he said “nice ass!”

:-)
    Vered - MomGrind’s last blog post..I Love San Francisco. Do You Like Where YOU Live?

13. Betsy Wuebker on November 3rd, 2008 11:01 pm

Vered, that IS a nice ass picture of you! I thought the same thing in a hetero way, of course!

Betsy Wuebker’s last blog post..COMPASS

14. Vered - MomGrind on November 3rd, 2008 11:12 pm

@ Betsy Haha thanks :)

15. Tom Volkar / Delightful Work on November 3rd, 2008 11:57 pm

Cath - Thanks for the belly laugh. I’ll pass on the ass entry though but I do intend to follow this story all the way to the end!

16. Marelisa on November 4th, 2008 12:26 am

Hi Cath: Well, you’ve chosen one of my best body parts for your contest (and so I’ve been told), but I’m going to have to pass on this one. Why don’t you post up the entries you receive and let your readers decide who wins? :-)
    Marelisa’s last blog post..10 Snazzy Ideas on Simplicity

17. Davina on November 4th, 2008 8:36 am

Hi Cath. I laughed my ass off when I read this. Sorry, got none left to photograph :-) I do have a photo that I will email you though. Don’t think it qualifies for the contest… but you can be the judge. It’s definitely an ass, but the age is what I’m questioning.

Davina’s last blog post..A Ghostly Life Experience

18. cathlawson on November 4th, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Barbara - that is a good idea. I could share all the entrants pics and we could vote.

Hi Vered - I will have to check out your pic. Are you going to enter it?

LOL Betsy - I’ve seen both your asses now.

Hi Tom - so not ass entries for you then.

Hi Mare - Barbara mentioned that too - I think I just might do it so long as folk don’t mind having their asses judged.

Hi Davina - LOL I got your ass pic - I think it will pass the age test.

19. Vered - MomGrind on November 4th, 2008 3:10 pm

No… am not going to enter it. :)

20. Stacey / Create a Balance on November 5th, 2008 2:38 am

You are hilarious! I recently uploaded a picture of my pregnant belly on my blog, but my tush is staying away from the camera lens.

Stacey / Create a Balance’s last blog post..Top Ten Signs I May Always Look Pregnant

21. Robin on November 5th, 2008 6:16 am

ha ha Cath - this is so funny. I am sure Frank has a few pics I could send you, but they might not be quite what you mean.

Robin’s last blog post..How To Find Happiness

22. Robin on November 5th, 2008 6:19 am

BTW I DID see the pics and teasers in your footer - and I noticed you used a photo of Victoria’s 12 Apostles on one post. When are you coming? (there are only about 6 apostles left - go figure)

Robin’s last blog post..How To Find Happiness

23. Hump Day Reading for the Restless Soul — Write From Home on November 5th, 2008 7:22 am

[...] Competition: Show Your Ass On My Blog by Cath Lawson [...]

24. cathlawson on November 5th, 2008 8:01 am

Hi Vered that’s a shame - the pic on your blog would have been a great one.

Hi Stacey - that was a brave move. I must admit I would be way too wimpy to do that.

Hi Robin - do send in Frank’s pics - it’s his chance to be fameass.

I think that pic you mention has been well photoshopped. Still don’t know if I’m coming to Australia, America, or Canada. If flights were cheaper to Australia - it would be easier to make the decision. Hopefully we’ll get to go to one of them by Spring.

25. Mrs. Micah on November 5th, 2008 7:31 pm

Umm…hmm. My ass is certainly my best feature. I’ll have to ask hubby if he’s ok with it going up on the interwebs. I don’t know if he’ll be feeling possessive since he’s just so fond of it. :)

You’re looking for a clad ass, correct? Jeans, perhaps?

Mrs. Micah’s last blog post..The SAHM Salary

26. cathlawson on November 6th, 2008 9:05 am

Hi MM - It can be clad or unclad - your choice. Any pic that you think would go well with the article is fine.

27. Show Your Ass Comp Update | Catherine Lawson on November 7th, 2008 1:36 pm

[...] of folk have been asking about the rules of the show your ass competition. So here’s a quick update. Also, I’m extending the closing date to next Tuesday (11th [...]