I’m Happy To Be A SOB

November 4, 2008

I had a pretty unproductive week last week. So I was delighted when I discovered that I’ve been made an official SOB. Not the type of SOB you’re thinking though - Liz Strauss of Successful Blog has chosen me has one of her Successful And Outstanding Bloggers.

This is brilliant news for me, as I often struggle with the various different aspects of blogging - especially trying to write for the different types of people who drop by here.

Liz Strauss is the Queen of conversational blogging. And I’ve learned heaps from her, through her blog and also, from her excellent book - How To Be A Successful And Outstanding Blogger. You can check out my review of Liz’s book here: The Blogging Advice That Kept Me Up All Night.

Speaking of successful and outstanding blogs, I’d like to share some excellent things I’ve been reading recently.

First up is Betsy Wuebker’s “Ghosts”. If you’ve had enough of Halloween, don’t worry, this is no ordinary Ghost story. Betsy shares her communications with a loved one who died. It’s an astonishing story.

Next is Artur Urbanksi’s, “I Met Stalin”. This a true story about the hardships one family went through, as a result of communism. Artur’s mother took extraordinary risks to help other members of her family and Artur shares this in his amazing story. I first read, “I Met Stalin” on a blog where Artur had guest posted. But the post has now been removed and Artur has moved it to his own blog.

If you’ve had some disasterous past relationships and keep meeting “the wrong type of people”, Getting A New Relationship Story by Anna Conlan is just what you need. A friend of mine keeps making the same relationship mistakes over and over, so I found Anna’s post at an excellent time. She explains why people keep attracting folk who are wrong for them and what they can do about it.

Hi, Thanks for visiting. You might want to click here to sign up to my RSS feed, so you don't miss anything important.

Comments

17 Responses to “I’m Happy To Be A SOB”

1. Barbara Swafford on November 4th, 2008 6:49 am

Hi Catherine - Congratulations on your SOB award. You’re very deserving of it.

Thank you for sharing the other links, as well. They all sound like fascinating stories.

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..NBOTW - The Happy Thinker

2. Davina on November 4th, 2008 8:39 am

Hi Cath. Congrats on SOB! Woo hoo! I’ve read Betsy’s Ghost story too — it was a good one.

Davina’s last blog post..A Ghostly Life Experience

3. Joanna Young on November 4th, 2008 8:59 am

Congratulations on the SOB award Cath, it’s well deserved.

Joanna Young’s last blog post..Learning from the Writing on the Wall

4. Ricardo Bueno on November 4th, 2008 9:36 am

Congratulations on the very honorable SOB award! :-D You rock!

Ricardo Bueno’s last blog post..How Well Do You Understand Social Media?

5. Lance on November 4th, 2008 10:36 am

Woo-hoo! (throwing the confetti up in the air for you!)

Awesome - congrats on your SOB award! That’s awesome!!

Lance’s last blog post..Guest Post: What’s Your Best Effort?

6. Evelyn Lim on November 4th, 2008 10:57 am

Congrats on being chosen for the SOB award! I certainly do enjoy your writings here on this blog!! Well deserved!

Evelyn Lim’s last blog post..My Out-of-Body Experiences

7. cathlawson on November 4th, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks Barbara - they’re all well worth checking out.

Thanks Davina - it was a great story wasn’t it.

Thanks Joanna, Ricardo, Lance and Evelyn. It’s brilliant news.

8. Betsy Wuebker on November 4th, 2008 12:50 pm

Wow, congratulations, Cath! Liz is a powerhouse, and you’ve arrived. I hope this does more great things for you. :) And how like you to pay it forward!

I don’t know what to say, I’m so verklempt at the mention. Thank you so much! My horoscope said today I would be surrounded by warmth and generosity. How true it is. I’m off to check out your other recommendations. Thank you. :)
    Betsy Wuebker’s last blog post..COMPASS

9. Anna Conlan ~ Healing and Insight on November 4th, 2008 1:48 pm

Congratulations on your award!

Thank you very much for the mention! :D

Anna

10. John Hoff - eVentureBiz on November 4th, 2008 2:52 pm

I always knew you were a SOB, Cath! LOL
    Congrats on finally being an official one . . . hehehehe

I think the Relationship Story really needs to get out as I don’t understand why people keep hooking up with people bad for them over and over again. I see it all the time.

John Hoff - eVentureBiz’s last blog post..30.1 Web Tools For Online Success And To Make Your Life Easier At The Same Time

11. Avani-Mehta on November 4th, 2008 3:52 pm

Congratulations Cath.

Avani-Mehta’s last blog post..Top 8 Motivation Hacks - #1

12. Jannie on November 4th, 2008 5:01 pm

Congrats, you SOB! You are already in my favs and Liz made a perfect pick in you.

I agree on that I Met Stalin post, I had read it and it’s really stayed with me.

Jannie’s last blog post..Caught red-pawed!

13. Stacey / Create a Balance on November 5th, 2008 2:26 am

Congratulations on becoming a SOB. I have heard a lot about Liz Strauss and realize it’s time I visit her blog.

Stacey / Create a Balance’s last blog post..Top Ten Signs I May Always Look Pregnant

14. Robin on November 5th, 2008 6:11 am

Hi Cath - congrats on the SOB - I’ve wondered what on earth that meant!

Robin’s last blog post..How To Find Happiness

15. cathlawson on November 6th, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks Betsy and you’re welcome. It’s great when horoscopes actually come true for a change.

Hi Anna - thank you and you’re welcome.

LOL John. It’s a useful article isn’t it? And a lot of folk do seem to get together with the wrong person over and over.

Thanks Avani.

Thanks Jannie - I loved that post too. It’s interesting to hear stories like that written by people who lived the experience, as opposed to hearing it from historians isn’t it?

Thanks Stacey - you will love Liz’s blog - she’s brilliant.

Thanks Robin - it’s a great name for an award isn’t it? It really gets people’s attention.

16. Kelly@SHE-POWER on November 6th, 2008 9:17 am

Hi, I see to have missed this post. So belated congratulations for being made an SOB.

The title of the post made me laugh because I expected it to be about you embracing being a tough business woman. I didn’t even think of Liz Strauss!

Kelly :)
    Kelly@SHE-POWER’s last blog post..New Hope and The Ship of Life

17. cathlawson on November 6th, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi Kelly - I guess that is the type of post I sometimes write, so I’m not surprised you were expecting that type of thing.